With The Great British Bake Off now in full swing, 'The Pregnancy Food Company' have given us a fantastic recipe for breastfeeding Mums to try.
'The Pregnancy Food Company' create delicious food, packed full of nutrients, specifically with you and your baby in mind. Their foods have a low glycaemic load, are made from natural, organic ingredients and contain no added sugar.
The Pregnancy Food Co Oat & Rye Banoffee pie
Delicious and refined sugar free it’s always a conversation piece too! It tastes like a treat so friends don’t feel like they are being denied a ‘proper’ pudding - but without any real nasties.
- 200g Oats
- 100g Rye flour
- 150g salted butter
- 200g pitted dates (medjool if you can get them)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 10 tbsp hot water
- 3 bananas
- a few good tbsp’s of greek yoghurt
- dark chocolate for decoration
- Soften the butter and mix well with the oats and rye flour. Spoon into round cake tin ( I use a 9 inch one), push down on the mixture so it creates a thin layer. Put in the fridge.
- Blend the dates with the hot water until they turn a nice caramel colour and smooth texture. Pour into a bowl, add vanilla essence and peanut butter - mix in well.
- Spread the date mixture over the oat base, creating an even layer on top. Pop back in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (if you don’t have time to do this - don’t panic!)
- Slice your three bananas and arrange on top of the date mix, then spoon your greek yoghurt on top & spread evenly.
- Grate your chocolate for a little decoration on top!
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Check out the Pregnancy Food Company's yummy snacks and breakfasts!